Wednesday 13 July 2011

Innovate my School - Games Based Learning Expert.

Just written an article for Innovate my School. I have been asked to be one of their industry experts, not surprisingly in games based learning. Innovate my School's Expert Voice section can be found at http://www.innovatemyschool.com/industry-expert-articles.html.

My first article compares purpose built games based learning to commercial entertainment games in terms of their use in the classroom. The comparison is done using the five factors: design, delivery, technology & support, outcomes and cost. The five factors are drawn from my Games Based Learning and Analysis Tool, which I briefly blogged about in Getting Started with Games Based Learning. The tool can can be found on the games-ED website along with other musings on games based learning theory.

The full Innovate my School article can be found at http://www.innovatemyschool.com/industry-expert-articles/item/40-purpose-built-education-games-vs-commercial-entertainment-games.html

Anyway, my next article will be written for my blog and it is going to focus on games based learning and neuroscience - well sort of. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment